Lithium Nevada Corp. is a development-stage company with a focus on developing a sustainable, diversified supply of lithium chemicals that underpin the future of energy storage and mobile transportation. We unlock value through safe operation of our sites, understanding the key value drivers and needs of our customers and the communities in which we operate, and taking an innovative and practical approach to the challenges we face. We work closely as an organization and with key stakeholders to deliver solutions.
Reporting to the Vice President of Legal, this role will be responsible for providing a broad range of legal support to the company. The role will be a generalist in the field of law while serving an active role in commercial transactions, contracts and contracts administration, regulatory support, employment law, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Draft, review, negotiate and/or advise on a wide array of transactional documents including vendor, supplier, contract employee, service agreements, licensing agreements, NDAs, etc.
• Assist project team with the development and administration of engineering and construction contracts; advise on related compliance and dispute-resolution matters.
• Support Human Resources and Finance groups with employment matters.
• Review and advise on various IP matters.
• Advise various business units regarding legal and compliance issues, including environmental, health and safety matters.
• Assist in developing and administering internal corporate policies; provide legal advice, training and support on corporate compliance matters such as the Code of Conduct.
• Support land administration and mineral development matters including leases, mining claim maintenance, and other real property issues; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Law degree from a nationally recognized law school; ability to work in northern Nevada preferred.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in chemical, resource extraction or construction industry preferred, either at a law firm or in-house legal department.
• Excellent interpersonal, time-management, and project management skills.
• A self-starter willing to undertake significant and increasing levels of responsibility and accountability.
• Strong contract-drafting and negotiation skills.
• Ability to concisely summarize legal issues.
• Comfortable working independently or in a team, including effective ability to interact with colleagues across the organization as well as with external stakeholders.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking skills
• Skilled with Microsoft Office suite, virtual data rooms, SAP platforms, etc.
• Travel as needed to support job responsibilities.
Lithium Nevada Corp. is a subsidiary of Lithium Americas Corp., with two advanced-stage lithium development projects, in Argentina and Nevada, USA. We value diversity in the workplace and are committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Interested candidates may apply at www.lithiumamericas.com/careers/ and select the ‘Legal Counsel’ link. EOE