Thank you for your interest in career opportunities in the Arizona Mining Industry.
Clicking on each company logo will redirect you to their recruiting sites, where you can see what jobs are available, and apply for those positions. Careers in mining are not only attractive exclusively by their compensation and benefits but also by the nature of work. Whether you enjoy working from an office or prefer working outside, the mining industry has the perfect career for you.
Many types of degrees offer preparation for a rewarding career in mining. The universities listed below offer degrees in engineering, geology, hydrology and other related majors. Some offer specialized programs for mining.
If you would like a mining representative or AMA member to come and speak to your class about careers in mining please click here to be redirected the Speaker Request form.
Senior Project Manager Engineering – (158817)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to work as a technical leader in our Phoenix Resources Business Group, with emphasis on Industrial, Power, Mining and Waste Market Sectors, providing consultation, investigation, evaluation, planning, design, location, development, and review of projects involving industrial water, wastewater and pollution control plants, as well as mineral processing facilities.
In the role of Senior Project Manager Engineering, we’ll count on you to:
• Provide project management support for client industrial water treatment operations
• Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of large multidiscipline projects or medium-sized projects with high degree of technical complexity, typically in excess of $5 million
• Independently coordinate work of engineers and balance planning team throughout a project’s development
• Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving and research skills
• Coordinate workload throughout entire project development, and ensure completion of documents on schedule
• Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings
• Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to schedule
• Work with Business/Accounting Manager or Project Controller and Area Manager for project reviews and with company management as needed
• Assist regional and national leadership in growing our programs by identifying market drivers and key staffing needs to develop and implement initiatives related to industrial process and treatment services
• Provide technical expertise at the project level to ensure projects have appropriate staff and assist with growing our industrial and remediation support services within the Industrial, Mining and Waste markets
• Conduct work sessions for design development and contract document in conjunction with other staff
• Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
• Conduct schematic, design development and contract document work sessions at project sites in conjunction with Project Managers, appropriate technical professionals and other disciplines
• Coordinate staffing and workload through entire project development to complete documents on schedule
• Implement QA/QC procedures
• Execute training for personnel as established by strategic plans
• Supervise project staff and act as mentor for less-experienced Project Managers
• Perform other duties as needed. *LI-JF1
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Professional Engineer registration
• 15+ years experience in engineering roles
• 10+ years management experience either in mining-focused consultancy role or mining company project management role for capital projects
• Demonstrated experience in the management of mining studies involving the identification, selection, and definition of various business alternatives.
• Demonstrated experience in scoping and managing engineering studies with varying grades of maturity appropriate to the business situation, i.e. studies that encompass concept, pre-feasibility, feasibility, and detailed engineering phases.
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple interrelated tracks of technical work, resolving inconsistencies between them.
• Demonstrated experience in crafting and using criteria based systems for business decision making. Experience with Precision Tree software a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in leading both clients and internal team members along a path of maximum value for the client
• Must have a firm grasp of basic project controls principles and be able to craft, articulate, and implement a disciplined plan for the management of engineering man hours on large scale (30,000+ hours) and with an engineering team spread over a wide geography
• Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills
• Exceptional communication, leadership, planning and mentoring skills
• Microsoft Office software suite, including Microsoft Project, is required
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture where both work and success are a shared commodity
• Experience in industrial water treatment, solid waste, mine closure and Arizona Water regulations
• PMP a plus
• Established professional network and understanding of the relevant local market
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider all qualified applicants, regardless of arrest and conviction records.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both financial and transactional support to the organization. The CFO supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and directly assists in all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES • Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the company’s vision and mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans. • Work with the President/CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts. • Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of operations. • Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team. • Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits. • Provide the CEO with an operating budget. Work with the CEO to ensure success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual requirements. This includes: 1) interpreting legislative and regulatory requirements to ensure compliance with all federal and state contractual guidelines, 2) ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and 3) monitoring compliance. • Manage and Coordinate all fiscal reporting activities for the company. • Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for the company. • Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the company. Coordinate the activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with IFRS requirements. • Manage capital allocation and assist with Corporate portfolio management • Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings, including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee. • Monitor banking activities of the company. • Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the company’s needs. • Produce monthly reports including reconciliations, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors. • Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff. • Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition • Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis. • Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES • Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures • Create and assess financial statements and budget documents. • Foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships. • Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement. • Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Education • Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or Economics. • Master’s degree (preferred) or equivalent designation and work experience. • Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred. Experience • Proven working experience as financial controller • 10+ years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position • Minimum of five years in Financial planning and analysis • Five to seven years of managing day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 50 staff persons. • Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
To Apply: Contact Pray & Company, www.Praysolutions.com.
A Geologist will participate in approved exploration activities including geologic mapping, drill campaigns, and geochemical sampling programs and geophysical ground ...learn more +
A Geologist will participate in approved exploration activities including geologic mapping, drill campaigns, and geochemical sampling programs and geophysical ground surveys as necessary. They will also log drill core or RC chips, facilitate daily logistics related to drilling, and report regularly to the Exploration Manager and other management. Duties can also consist of cross-section geologic interpretation, database entry and review, and reporting. Geologists should be able to identify and describe basic rock types, alteration, mineralization, possess geologic mapping skills and geologic observation skills, and computer aptitude.
A metallurgical laboratory technician’s duties include bulk sample prep, screen analysis, field sample work, assisting the Environmental Department and Lab; ...learn more +
A metallurgical laboratory technician’s duties include bulk sample prep, screen analysis, field sample work, assisting the Environmental Department and Lab; collecting and prepping belt cuts, ensuring compliance with all applicable safety and health standards and other duties as assigned.
Prepares and inspects projects involving underground or surface mining. Is responsible for planning and design of mine to ensure maximum stability. A Mine Engineer ...learn more +
Prepares and inspects projects involving underground or surface mining. Is responsible for planning and design of mine to ensure maximum stability. A Mine Engineer oversees the construction of shafts and tunnels. Additionally, the Mine Engineer typically reports to a supervisor or manager and may require 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.