Resources to Help During These Trying Times
(updated as needed)
Throughout the coronavirus pandemic, President Trump’s Administration has brought industries together to collaborate and fill the unprecedented demand for personal protective and medical equipment. On June 12th, Vice President Pence visited Oberg Industries to thank the hand-working employees who kept industry going and to discuss the opening up of America again.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Lending Operations Update:
- The U.S. Small Business Administration and the U.S. Department of the Treasury issued new and revised guidance:
- SBA Loan Capital Access Financial Systems (CAFS) including E-Tran and SBA Connect (a.k.a the Lender Gateway) will be temporarily offline for system maintenance on Saturday night June 13, 2020 from 8 p.m. EDT to 11:59pm EDT.
- During this time SBA loan systems will not be able to process loan applications from lenders.
- SBA loan systems will resume operation on Sunday morning June 14, 2020 at 12:01 am EDT.
- SBA continues to actively monitor loan systems and will continue to provide updates to the lending community.
Assistance for Small Businesses
The Paycheck Protection Program is providing small businesses with the resources they need to maintain their payroll, hire back employees who may have been laid off, and cover applicable overhead.
For more information and updates, visit Treasury.gov/CARES and SBA.gov/PayCheckProtection.
Assistance for American Workers and Families
How to Help – If you or your organization are interested in helping the effort to combat the spread of COVID-19, FEMA has established a website (www.fema.gov/coronavirus/how-to-help) with more information. Examples for the private sector include:
- To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please refer to the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Request for information (RFI) through sam.gov.
- Effective immediately, FEMA Solicitation number 70FA2020R00000011 is hereby withdrawn due to an Interagency transition of mission responsibility from FEMA to the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). Offerors who submitted proposals, capability statements, and/or any response to this solicitation who have not already been contacted will not receive any notices or further correspondence/communications.
- If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, please provide us details on what you are offering.
- If you or someone you know represent a hospital or healthcare provider in need of medical supplies, please contact your state, local, tribal or territory department of public health and/or emergency management agency.
- If you are interested in doing business with FEMA and supporting the response to COVID- 19 with your company’s non-medical goods and/or services, please submit your inquiry to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Procurement Action Innovative Response Team (PAIR) team at DHSIndustryLiaison@hq.dhs.gov.
- If you would like to meet with a federal agency regarding a vaccine, diagnostic, therapeutic or other medical device that you are developing for SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19, please go to medicalcountermeasures.gov.
- For all others issues related to the private sector, please e-mail email@example.com or visit our National Business Emergency Operations Center page.
Self-care Resources for Nurses and Health Care Workers
If you are a healthcare worker and would like to volunteer to assist in New York City, please find more information here.
For additional information, please visit FEMA’s website: https://www.fema.gov/coronavirus/.
Guidelines for Opening Up America Again
President Trump has unveiled Guidelines for Opening Up America Again, a three-phased approach based on the advice of public health experts. These steps will help state and local officials when reopening their economies, getting people back to work, and continuing to protect American lives. Please click here for more information: Guidelines for Opening Up America Again
White House COVID-19 Updates
- Vice President Pence Delivers Remarks to Employees on Opening Up America Again at Oberg Industries (VIDEO)
- Vice President Pence Participates in a Listening Session with Faith and Community Leaders (REMARKS, VIDEO)
SBA and Treasury Announce New and Revised Guidance Regarding the Paycheck Protection Program (HERE)
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), in consultation with the U.S. Department of the Treasury, issued new and revised guidance for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). This guidance implements the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act (PPPFA), signed into law by President Trump on June 5, 2020, and expands eligibility for businesses with owners who have past felony convictions.
OCR Issues Guidance on How Health Care Providers Can Contact Former COVID-19 Patients about Blood and Plasma Donation Opportunities (HERE)
- Today, the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued guidance on how the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule permits covered health care providers to contact their patients who have recovered from COVID-19 to inform them about how they can donate their blood and plasma containing antibodies to help other patients with COVID-19.
FAQ: Hospital Beds, Stretchers, and Mattresses during the COVID-19 Pubic Health Emergency (HERE)
- Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, there may be an increased demand for hospital beds, stretchers, and mattresses to expand health care capacity in local hospitals, and health care systems through temporary expansion sites.
- FDA – June 11 Daily Roundup (HERE)
Public Attitudes, Behaviors, and Beliefs Related to COVID-19, Stay-at-Home Orders, Nonessential Business Closures, and Public Health Guidance — United States, New York City, and Los Angeles, May 5–12, 2020 (HERE)
- Stay-at-home orders and recommended personal protective practices were disseminated to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in the United States.
DHS S&T Launches Tool to Predict Decay of Airborne Coronavirus (HERE)
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) added a new calculator to their online tools today to estimate the natural decay of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) in the air under various environmental conditions.
FEMA Releases Latest State-by-State Data on PPE (HERE)
- As FEMA, under the direction of the White House Task Force, has led the whole-of-America response to the COVID-19 pandemic for the past several weeks, billions of essential resources and protective equipment have been delivered throughout the nation.
Statement by Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin on the Provision of Coronavirus Relief Fund Dollars to Native American Tribes (HERE) “We are pleased to be making payments of the bulk of the balances remaining for tribal governments in the Coronavirus Relief Fund,” said Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin. “These payments reaffirm our commitment to ensuring that tribal governments receive this much-needed economic relief, and are an important step towards defeating this virus and supporting our communities across the country.”
Treasury, IRS Provide Tax Relief to Investors and Businesses Affected by Covid-19 in New Markets Tax Credit Transactions (HERE)
- The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service today provided tax relief for certain taxpayers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic involved in new markets tax credit transactions.
OSHA Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Masks in the Workplace (HERE)
- This page includes frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers related to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
U.S. Department of Education Issues Rule to Protect American Taxpayers from Waste, Fraud, and Abuse, Ensure COVID-19 Relief Funds Get to Eligible Students (HERE)
- The U.S. Department of Education released a rule for public comment today that would help to ensure taxpayer-funded coronavirus relief money is distributed properly and does not go to foreign nationals, non-citizens, and students who may be enrolled in ineligible education programs.
Federal Government to Distribute Nearly 100 Million Cloth Facial Coverings for Transportation Passengers (HERE)
- Today, the Federal government announced nearly 100 million cloth facial coverings will be sent to the aviation, transit, and passenger rail transportation sectors for passenger use. Approximately 86.8 million coverings will be distributed to airports, and 9.6 million coverings will be distributed to 458 transit agencies and Amtrak for passenger use.
VA Video Connect Visits Increase 1000% during COVID-19 Pandemic (HERE)
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced today telehealth video appointments using VA Video Connect increased from approximately 10,000 to 120,000 appointments a week between February and May of 2020.
For the most up-to-date information, please see the CDC’s website: www.coronavirus.gov.
COVID-19: Background & Additional Information
Download the COVID-19 App
For background and the most up-to-date information, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Coronavirus Disease 2019 website: HERE
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
What You Should Know:
Information for Businesses:
Information for Travel and Transportation:
Information for Healthcare Providers, First Responders, and Research Facilities:
Information for Law Enforcement:
Information for Families and Households:
Information for Schools and Childcare Providers:
Information for Community Events and Gatherings:
Agency Resources and Information: