Senior Project Manager Engineering – (158817)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to work as a technical leader in our Phoenix Resources Business Group, with emphasis on Industrial, Power, Mining and Waste Market Sectors, providing consultation, investigation, evaluation, planning, design, location, development, and review of projects involving industrial water, wastewater and pollution control plants, as well as mineral processing facilities.
In the role of Senior Project Manager Engineering, we’ll count on you to:
• Provide project management support for client industrial water treatment operations
• Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of large multidiscipline projects or medium-sized projects with high degree of technical complexity, typically in excess of $5 million
• Independently coordinate work of engineers and balance planning team throughout a project’s development
• Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving and research skills
• Coordinate workload throughout entire project development, and ensure completion of documents on schedule
• Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings
• Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to schedule
• Work with Business/Accounting Manager or Project Controller and Area Manager for project reviews and with company management as needed
• Assist regional and national leadership in growing our programs by identifying market drivers and key staffing needs to develop and implement initiatives related to industrial process and treatment services
• Provide technical expertise at the project level to ensure projects have appropriate staff and assist with growing our industrial and remediation support services within the Industrial, Mining and Waste markets
• Conduct work sessions for design development and contract document in conjunction with other staff
• Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
• Conduct schematic, design development and contract document work sessions at project sites in conjunction with Project Managers, appropriate technical professionals and other disciplines
• Coordinate staffing and workload through entire project development to complete documents on schedule
• Implement QA/QC procedures
• Execute training for personnel as established by strategic plans
• Supervise project staff and act as mentor for less-experienced Project Managers
• Perform other duties as needed. *LI-JF1
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Professional Engineer registration
• 15+ years experience in engineering roles
• 10+ years management experience either in mining-focused consultancy role or mining company project management role for capital projects
• Demonstrated experience in the management of mining studies involving the identification, selection, and definition of various business alternatives.
• Demonstrated experience in scoping and managing engineering studies with varying grades of maturity appropriate to the business situation, i.e. studies that encompass concept, pre-feasibility, feasibility, and detailed engineering phases.
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple interrelated tracks of technical work, resolving inconsistencies between them.
• Demonstrated experience in crafting and using criteria based systems for business decision making. Experience with Precision Tree software a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in leading both clients and internal team members along a path of maximum value for the client
• Must have a firm grasp of basic project controls principles and be able to craft, articulate, and implement a disciplined plan for the management of engineering man hours on large scale (30,000+ hours) and with an engineering team spread over a wide geography
• Self-starter with excellent writing and communication skills
• Exceptional communication, leadership, planning and mentoring skills
• Microsoft Office software suite, including Microsoft Project, is required
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture where both work and success are a shared commodity
• Experience in industrial water treatment, solid waste, mine closure and Arizona Water regulations
• PMP a plus
• Established professional network and understanding of the relevant local market
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider all qualified applicants, regardless of arrest and conviction records.