HR Superintendent – Florence Copper
Job Title: Human Resources Superintendent
Reports to: General Manager
Date: August 23, 2021
Company Background and Culture
Florence Copper Inc. (FCI) is an in-situ copper recovery facility in the historic Copper Corridor of Arizona – a region steeped in copper mining history. The project offers a unique opportunity to provide strong economic benefits to the community of Florence and the State of Arizona with minimal environmental impact. During its lifetime, FCI is estimated to create close to 500 jobs for Pinal County and generate $3.4 billion in economic activity for the State of Arizona.
FCI is a wholly owned subsidiary of Taseko Mines Limited, which is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Taseko is also the operator and 75% owner of the Gibraltar copper/molybdenum mine in Canada and various other development projects.
Taseko is focusing on moving Florence Copper into commercial operations by building and developing the team that will produce an average of 85 million pounds of copper per year over the 20-year life mine life. The Project strengthens the Company’s near-term development pipeline and will significantly increase Taseko’s copper production. For more information on Florence Copper and Taseko visit our website at www.tasekomines.com and www.florencecopper.com.
We are looking for a Human Resources Superintendent at our Florence, Arizona site. As a key member of FCI’s management team and reporting directly to the General Manager, the Human Resources Superintendent is responsible for providing advice, leadership, and expertise as it relates to compensation, performance management, and key programs including dealing with general employee and contractor concerns, employment law, best practice, and recruitment within the organization. The Human Resources Superintendent will ensure that practices are applied to maintain a culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and accountability.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Develop human resource strategy and support growth programs to build team and organizational effectiveness to enable business priorities and objectives.
- Lead human resource programs at the operating site to ensure that policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to in compliance with current legislation and requirements.
- Partner with leaders across the operation to identify and implement appropriate solutions for employee relations issues.
- Build strategic working alliances to facilitate the accomplishment of goals through establishing productive and constructive interpersonal relationships.
- Support and influence leaders to build and maintain employee engagement. Develop and implement strategies to improve attraction, retention and engagement of employees which result in improved productivity through reduced employee turnover.
- Recruit new employees required in support of construction and operation.
- Oversee the development and delivery of learning and development initiatives to improve individual development and capability.
- Ensure that all supervision is skilled and competent in effectively managing the workforce by providing them with solutions, processes, programs, tools, and systems to promote a culture of excellence.
Education and Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience with a minimum of three years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory capacity.
- A Senior Certified Professional (SHRM -SCP) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) designation an asset.
- Experience coaching, engaging, and guiding leaders by building effective business-focused relationships.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements applicable to the human resources function.
Skills and Competencies
- Proactive, solution oriented; independently takes initiative and recommends plans for improvement or new ways of thinking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to execute plans and hold self and others accountable for their performance and deliverables.
- Effective leadership to build a strong employee culture.
- Strong computer skills and experience with various HRIS software.
- Ability to adapt and work with diverse cultures.
- This position is predominantly office work, but some work will be performed in all-weather conditions both outdoors, and in a plant setting.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must work in compliance with the Florence Copper (OSHA) site safety program.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in the plant environment.
To apply go to: https://www.florencecopper.com/careers/current-opportunities
For questions regarding employment please contact:
Lorri Rodriguez, Coordinator, HR & Accounting
Phone: 520-374-3984 Ext. 3709